Wednesday, January 5, 2011

--Introducing our first child, Baby Redd! ♥




After five years of being together, my husband and I has been blessed with a handsome little boy. I could still remember when we went to our local hospital on the 10th of November of 2009 to confirm if it's real, and it was true I was two months pregnant by then. My husband who could not still believe it, said it finally happened. He was sooo happy. I still recall him saying, "Ayan, may heartbeat Cha, may heartbeat. Thanks God, finally! Magiging tatay na nga ako, may heartbeat! O diba, tuwang tuwa sya, LOL! Then as any couple who had their very first baby, we're both excited to experience all the necessary procedures such as ultrasound, pre-natal and all the preparations and expenses to make sure that we gonna have a very healthy baby boy.










Then the day came, May 26, 2010. The day of the delivery was almost unexpected. I woke up around 2:30am and suddenly, I felt the pain on my lower abdomen but it was still tolerable, about 15 minutes apart. As a first time mom, I didn't know I'm already into labor. At first, I thought there's nothing to worry about, since  I'm expecting to give birth on June 2 pa according to my LMP, and at the same time my waterbag hasn't broken  yet. So instead of panicking, I decided to go back to sleep. And after almost two hours of being asleep, I woke up again, It was already 4:00am. Right then, I felt lower back pain plus lower abdominal pain and it lasts for 10 minutes. I went to the washroom to pee. And there, I saw blood spots on my undies. I was scared but I tried to be calm. I've woke up my husband, together with my mom and my nephew, who were visiting me at that time. I told them that I'm having contractions since 2:30am but waterbag has not broken yet. So mom told me to immediately took a bath & prepare myself. She also did not allow me to eat, but she let me drink milk.






We rushed to the hospital at around 5:00am, contractions at that time was down to 7 minutes. The resident OB at the ER examined me, and she said I'm only 1 cm dilated. Since my waterbag hasn't broke on it's own, she asked me if I'm willing to go through induce labor. I have no idea what it was all about, and I did not even bothered to ask. All I wanted is the baby to come out asap coz I'm not comfortable with the pains anymore, so I said yes. Then the medical staffs ushered me in the labor room, no husband, no chaperone to lean on to and to cry on to during active labor, just me, myself alone. The OB there examined me again, then she ruptured my waterbag, she said my baby had pooped already, she even showed me the water, it's color greenish. She called it meconium and she smiled and calmly told me that my baby might had infection because of it, unless he didn't eat them (poop). That makes me so worried, so I prayed hard. After a few minutes the two nurses put an IV on me, followed by the another one who gave me meds for the dilation of the cervix (I forgot the name already).





At 8:00am, my OB came, I was 4cm dilated that time.. but she had to leave me after 5 minutes coz there's another mommy who will undergo CS, her baby was at crucial situation that's why they need to have her delivered by caesarian right away. I assured doc that I understand, no problem with me. At 9: 00am, I'm already 7cm by then, the pain has became more intense. I've asked for epidural but the nurses at the LR refused to give me one, I didn't know what's the reason was.  9:25am - 8cm already. I started pushing actually, coz I felt the baby also wanted to come out. I couldn't help myself not to scream anymore coz it really hurts, the pain was really unexplainable. At that point, I wanted to undergo CS as well. I was scolded by the senior nurses there coz I always keep on pushing even if it wasn't time yet, (hahaba daw ulo ni baby). 9:28am, Finally I'm fully dilated already. Then I was taken to the delivery room next to LR. 9:30am my OB came to the DR. I was ready pushing at that time. In the middle of all other preggy mom to-bes yelling and shouting from the pain in the labor room, my baby boy came out after three major pushes, which took only 8 minutes.




Yes, at 9:38am, our cute baby boy came out. But I've already passed out at that time, I finally saw him in the nursery room at 6pm that day, I nearly cried so was my husband who saw him first. He was ushered-in to my room after 24 hours coz they need to check everything on him. And thanks God, the results were good. He was super healthy & no infections at all!












At present, he's very handsome and cute 1 year & 5 months old.

2 comments:

  1. Your baby is so cute! Why not let him join in casting auditions at model shop philippines? They surely have slot for this very cute lil boy.

    Here's their website for your reference:
    http://www.modelshop.ph/main.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leah! We emailed them already & they replied naman. We'll be going there maybe next week. Thanks! ☺

    ReplyDelete