Sunday, December 12, 2010

--Mommy's Childhood Experience! ®


I never thought my childhood only happens in soap operas or TV serials.
I was entrusted to my fathers's parents when I was about 8 months old because my parents decided to go to Cebu to look for a cure for my ailing sister. After a few months they got back, my parents tried to take me back from the custody of my grandparents but they insisted in keeping me. My parents reluctantly gave in to my grandparents wish to keep me there. But this wrong decision started my agony in life. When I was 6 years old I could still recall of being alienated from my mother's relatives due to the fact that I didn't grow up with them, at that time also I was not close to my other siblings, they treated me like a total stranger. I was deprived of love. I can still remember now that I'm an adult all the hardships and sob stories that occurred in my life with my aunt who lives with my grandparents. Usually, when my aunt was mistreating me, my grandma acted as my guardian angel who always defended me. Unfortunately when I was around 6 years old, she passed away. This gave my aunt a free hand to maltrate me more. At an early age, I've experienced being paddled on my butt for a slight mistake, or for no apparent reason at all. The most cruel was accused of stealing a small amount of money which I didn't do, apparently was only forgotten at the top of a water jar. I was harshly pulled out from the classroom in front of my teacher and classmates back to the house then started hitting me one after another. It was the most traumatic experience I've ever encountered in my whole life, if not because of my mother who was by chance heard me screaming and crying, I wouldn't be able to survive. And decided to leave them permanently and went back to my real family. My grandpa was out at that time that's why when he's home, he was totally surprised when he found out  I was not there in his house anymore. I could also say my grandpa loves me so much but unfortunately he couldn't control the situation because he was  always nowhere to be found whenever this cruelty happened.

Now that I'm an adult with my own family, I can say, I will not let my baby boy to suffer the same mistakes I have experienced. Looking back now I can happily said, I've already moved on and forgiven everyone who has done me wrong. I hope this story will serve us a good moral lesson to always treat our children with loving care. 

1 comment: